© Reuters. Futures inch up ahead of Fed statement
- With the Fed set to hike its benchmark interest rate for a second time this year, the focus today will turn to Chairman Jerome Powell’s press conference.
- New projections could show the central bank tilting toward four increases in 2018, rather than the three hinted to in March.
- Investors may also render a “hawkish” view if the Fed sounds more optimistic on the economy, raises its interest rate forecast, or announces that Powell will hold press conferences after every meeting.
- U.S. stock index futures are up slightly ahead of the statement, while oil, gold and the 10-year Treasury yield hold steady.
ETFs: SPY, QQQ, DIA, SH, SSO, VOO, SDS, IVV, SPXU, TQQQ, UPRO, PSQ, SPXL, RSP, SPXS, SQQQ, QID, DOG, QLD, DXD, UDOW, RWL, SDOW, VFINX, EPS, DDM, QQEW, QQQE, SPLX, SFLA, QQXT, SPUU, SPXE, LLSP, UDPIX, OTPIX, RYARX, SPXN, SPDN, SPXT, SPXV
- Now read: Lithium revival across the U.S.